Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Dear RCA Parents and Guardians,
Schools in British Columbia have now followed the lead of several provinces in Canada. Today, the B.C. Ministry of Education, under the direction of the Provincial Health Officer, has SUSPENDED all in-class K – 12 learning “until further notice” due to concerns about the spread of COVID-19. This includes the week of March 23-27 for RCA.
The Ministry will be giving schools direction around planning to ensure continuity of learning off-campus. Please be watching for further information from the school (teachers under the direction and supervision of the vice principals) about off-campus learning.
Some level of campus service may be provided for children of essential workers, but we are waiting for Ministry direction before we confirm this option.
The Ministry assures that:
- every student will receive a final mark
- all students on-track to move to the next grade will do so
- grade 10 and 11 graduation assessments will be postponed
- every grade 12 student eligible to graduate will do so
- the Ministry will work with post-secondary institutions to ensure smooth transitions for graduates
RCA families will receive updates soon as we receive further direction from the Ministry. Please allow us time to begin planning; we don’t have all the answers but will work through this over the coming days with the best interest of our community in mind.
Thank you for your prayers and support.